Tuesday 23 October 2012

Autumn Anniversary

   I seemed to be in a Autumn theme mood for this card, I have never used Autumn colours together before but I was really pleased with the turn out.  This card was made for a lady who wanted a card to give to her husband who is celebrating their 12th Wedding Anniversary this October and it worked perfectly together.



  I used a card blank which was 175mm x 265mm, I then placed black cardstock which leaves a 5mm border of white.  I added a worn khaki colour backing paper and stamped fern leaves from Sheena Douglas 'A Little Bit Sketchy 2 - Optimism' stamp set and stamped them at random both bold and faded, and mounted this onto the black just leaving a 3mm border.

I stamped the church image from Sheena Douglas 'A Little Bit Sketchy 2 - Believe' stamp set onto watercolour card and coloured them using watercolours from Staedtler, then inked around the edge using a golden brown ink pad.  I mounted this onto the left over piece of the fern stamped worn khaki colour backing paper and made it into a three panel and mounted onto a black card then gold mirror card and added sticky pads for dimension.
  For the sentiment, I printed it onto white card and die cut using an scallop oval and mounted it on to a larger size scalloped oval in gold mirror card and inked the edge using the golden brown ink pad.  For added establishment I stamped a fern leaf three times in green onto white card cut out and then inked using the golden brown to tone down the white and placed them behind the sentiment.


I had a strip of black card which left a 25mm gap in the middle for ribbon.  I die cut both edges using 'Nellie Snellen Lace Edge Border Dies' and trimmed to fit the width of the card.  I wrapped 20mm pale gold, 10mm green and a 5mm tan satin ribbon on top of each other and added a large copper brown organza ribbon to add a finishing touch.


Inside the card I printed a verse, and made a 'Barbara Grey' style border using a ruler for a guide and used 3 fineliners, khaki, tan and light green. 


Method to Make:
  • White Card blank
  • Black Card
  • Gold Mirror Card
  • Scalloped Ovals (from cArt-Us)
  • Church - (Sheena Douglas 'A Little Bit Sketchy 2 - Believe' stamp set)
  • Fern Leaf - (from Sheena Douglas 'A Little Bit Sketchy 2 - Optimism' stamp set)
  • Watercolours (from Staedtler)
  • Nellie Snellen Lace Edge Border Die
  • khaki background paper
  • Fineliner Pen - Khaki, Tan and light Green
  • Ribbon, Satin - 20mm Pale Gold, 10mm Khaki and a 5mm Tan.
  • Ribbon Bow, Organza - Large Copper Brown
  • Ink Pad - Golden Brown
I hope you like this card!
please feel free to rate and comment!


I will be entering this card into the following Blog challenges:
Joanna Sheen - Autum Breeze
Challenge up your life - Challenge #80 Halloween / Autumn

2 comments:

  1. beautiful card!
    thanks for joining us at Challenge up your life
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, fabulous image and colouring.
    Thank you for joining us at Joanna Sheen Challenge.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete